Reach Higher. Inspire.
Support our 2015-16 Campaign
Help us bridge the funding gap between the district’s state-allocated budget and the actual cost of the high-performance education we’ve come to expect from DSISD.
Facts You May NOT Know
Annual expenditure per student for a DSISD education: $7,653
Annual state funding per student: $1,958
• Texas State Constitution requires only an adequate education for our children. Many DSISD programs and resources are not required by the state, nor are they state priorities:
• Smaller class sizes
• AP classes in high school
• GT, art and music teachers in K-5
• Librarians, nurses and counselors in K-5
• Advanced math and language arts in K-12
• All electives available K-12
• Our population is increasing year over year, while our state funding per student is not.